Website Evangelism

Casting the Gospel Net over the Internet

Evangelism Forum

Forum Home > General Discussion > Luke 5:3

Yucango
Limited Member

"He got into one of the boats, the one belonging to Simon, and asked him to put out a little from shore. Then he sat down and taught the people from the boat."

A number of thoughts  regarding evangelismcame to mind as I read this passage this morning.

1. Jesus used an earthly tool in a novel way

2. Jesus felt free to use the personal property of his follower, Simon, for the purpose of the ministry.

3. Jesus involved Peter in the ministry.  Peter not only allowed his boat to be used but participated by rowing the boat for Jesus. (He also got the closest and best seat in the house to hear the words of the Master).

4. Jesus was able to more effectively minister to the multitudes because of Simon and his boat.

I rose early this morning and ended up writing to one of my five sons and his wife.  They live in an apartment and have expressed a desire to experience more "community" .  The multi-building apartmen complext they live in has a beautiful common building with recreational facilities, sitting areas, a kitchen and lounge areas and even a room for movies.  I am creative by practice and can see the almost endless creative ways this facility (boat) could be used by the Lord to reach out to the mulitudes.

Maybe you don't have such a facility.  Someone said the most effective tool we have for evangelism   is "our dining room table".  Are we willing to use the resources the Lord has provided and our time as vessels for the Lord to reach the lost?  Do you feel you don't have many possessions to give to the Lord's work?  Can you walk, speak, listen, use you hands?  Then give these possessions over to the Lord for His work.

Blessings,

Bill

October 19, 2015 at 10:42 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.